CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Brain Fart


Mental lapses, brain farts, forgetting. Whatever you want to call it I'm having it, doing it, its being done to me. I have a horrible memory for a 25 almost 26 year old. My sister has been on my back for months to find a black shrug in my closet. I haven't done any more than the usual shallow search for it. I got up and eyed my drawers and closet, content that I didn't see it in that compulsory scan, I told her I couldn't find it. Yeah, yeah, I'm a bad sister but I assauged my guilt by telling myself that I would conduct a thorough rescue operation for this missing sweater...after my nap. Well that was about 5 months ago. I keep forgetting. Last night my sister sent 2(!) text messages (her favorite mode of communication these days) about the black jacket. I feel guilty, but wait! This is partially her fault too. She has been knowing me for 25 almost 26 years. She should just come over the house and search for it herself. She gave me a semi-miffed call just a few minutes ago. She chastised me on my cell habits (I don't really use my cell, it just occupies space in my purse, bag, desk) and on not finding this black thingie that she wants so bad.This memory thing is starting to get pesky. In movies its the funny schtick that gives us a few chuckles and we shake our heads and say "that ol such and such, he's a character." In real life people call you worse than such and such. They call me irresponsible. So now when I watch movies I don't laugh anymore when a character forgets, I empathize. And BTW totally off subject but on subject at the same time....50 First Dates was one of the saddest movies of all time. I cried at the end. Yeah, she loves old buddy but she has to meet him over again everyday and he has to condense their life in a video for her to watch EVERYDAY. She has to wake up and find out that she's a mother EVERYDAY, or learn something horrible EVERYDAY. That was one of the saddest things I had ever seen. Bambi's mom had nothing on that. Okay! Toodles

3 comments:

Acridwynter said...

I can't laugh at "geek" characters in movies. I can only laugh with them at best.

SB said...

I feel you on the memory thing, but I warn people that I have a bad memory. As for the "black thingie" situatuion, I have learned that if you want something done then do it yourself, so maybe express to her that your are just so overwhelmed with school and work, that you keep forgetting and the best method is for her to come look for it when she has time. Say it in a nice sisterly way...I dunno...

Random Thoughts of Me said...

You know me I'm always forgetting stuff- important things at that! Its gonna take Jah to straighten the memory thing! Hmm! For now just write a note or something! Or juse have her come over...I opt to go with the 2nd one...Lazy me